Monday, December 14, 2009

Where is Christmas

I have taken the beautiful song below and broken it down to share my views on the meaning of the song. A few years ago I had a major change in my life. The first Christmas after my change, this song made me cry. This song has since taken on a new meaning. It has taught me a valuable lesson. My intention in writing my interpretation would be to help someone to enjoy the wonderful season.




                              "Where Are You Christmas"

                                                                      by: Faith Hill



Where are you Christmas

Why can't I find you

Why have you gone away



(Christmas never goes away. Christmas is there in our hearts.)



Where is the laughter

You used to bring me

Why can't I hear music play



(The laughter is there within your heart. It is within the hearts of those you love. Find it! Music, oh the joy of beautiful music. Silenced ears and a hardened heart can not detect it. Open up, listen closely and it will resound in you.)



My world is changing

I'm rearranging

Does that mean Christmas changes too?



(Our life changes. Over the years it changes often. We adjust to these changes and continue. We lose sight of happiness at times and get wrapped up in our self pity. We have to find happiness, make our happiness. The same holds true for Christmas!!)



Where are you Christmas

Do you remember

The one you used to know



(Christmas is there, it remembers. It is us who forgets. Let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas. The Savior who came into our world to save us. The Savior who desires for us to be happy. We can find the spirit of Christmas through Him who loves us unconditionally.)



I'm not the same one

See what the time's done

Is that why you have let me go



(No, we are not the same. Each year before Christmas arrives we have experienced some major changes in our lives. Christmas did not let you go,,,you may have let it go. Snap out of a depressed state. Set aside your wordly problems for the short while Christmas is here. Find Christmas and the Joy it brings.)



Christmas is here

Everywhere, oh

Christmas is here

If you care, oh



(CARE!!)



If there is love in your heart and your mind

You will feel like Christmas all the time



(Christmas is a state of mind. Happiness is a state of mind. Both are a condition of the heart. If we find both and hold on tight, we can have the joy both afford all year round.)



I feel you Christmas

I know I've found you

You never fade away

The joy of Christmas

Stays here inside us



(Christmas truly never fades away, it just tends to hide from us if we let it. Don't let Christmas escape you this year or any year. Your loved ones are counting on you to share their joy.)



Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas

Fill your heart with love



(Care and Love are both powerful words. They go hand in hand. If you have love you care,,,,,,,,,if you care, you have love. Now is the time for us to be unselfish. Let go of being self centered. FIND CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment